Shipping & Delivery
How can I pay for my Zabars.com order?
You may use American Express, MasterCard or Visa to pay for your online order. When shopping in our Store, you may also use Money Orders and Zabar's Gift Certificates. You may also place an order over the phone using a Zabar's Gift Certificate, just call Customer Service for assistance.
How much will I pay for Shipping & Handling?
Refer to chart below for all shipping charges except perishables.
Shipping Charges are per address.
|Order Totals:||Delivery Charge:|
|Up to $24.99||$8.50|
|$25.00 to $54.99||$11.50|
|$55.00 to $94.99||$13.50|
|$95.00 to $199.99||$18.50|
|$200.00 and over||add 11% of Subtotal|
Perishables: Please call for shipping cost.
When will my order be shipped?
Orders are typically shipped within 1 to 2 business days. In the event of any undue delay, we will contact you by phone or email. Items ordered together will not necessarily be shipped on the same day. All delivery addresses must be street addresses. We cannot ship to P.O. boxes, A.P.O.s, F.P.O.s. Zabar's is not responsible for incomplete or incorrect addresses.
Do you ship orders to Foreign countries?
We do not ship to Canada or internationally. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico must go next day air or second day air at an additional cost; please note this service may not be available in all areas. Contact Customer Service for details and to confirm services offered in your area.
Do I have to be available in to accept a perishable delivery?
Yes, you or someone you trust must be available at the delivery location to accept your perishable order. In most cases the shipper will release packages if you or the recipient are not home, however there are some delivery instances where release is not possible (apartment building with no access, unsafe area, etc.). Zabar's will not be responsible for items delivered but not opened, packages released or packages that spoiled because recipient was not in and shipper was unable to release. Please make sure that someone will be available to accept the package before placing an order containing perishables. Unfortunately neither Zabar's nor the driver can contact you or the recipient before the delivery is made.
How will my order be shipped?
All orders will be sent via UPS. All perishable items will arrive next day and all semi-perishable items will arrive within 2 days to all locations. If delivery is unsuccessful, delivery and redelivery charges will apply.
Zabar's will take the utmost care packaging and handling your perishable purchases in insulated shipping packaging. 2nd Day packages are shipped Monday-Wednesday. Overnight packages are shipped Monday-Friday.
Can I have my delivery arrive on Saturday?
An additional $16.00 will be applied to orders shipped NextDay on Friday for Saturday Delivery only. Saturday delivery is not available in all areas. Contact Customer Service for details and to confirm services offered in your area.
Local Delivery Area
Am I within your local Delivery Area?
Messenger Delivery in Manhattan is available every day of the week. You or the recipient or responsible person (e.g. neighbor, doorman, etc.) must be available to receive your order. If delivery is unsuccessful, delivery, return and redelivery charges will apply. Please place your orders at least 24 hours in advance.
Zabars.com Shipping Notes & Terms
• Prices are subject to change without notice.
• Please place your order early to insure holiday delivery. Late orders can not be guaranteed.
• Please allow 7-10 business days for ground shipping. All items may not always ship together.
• Due to availability or season, Zabar's reserves the right to substitute items in our Gift Baskets, Boxes or Crates.
• Recipient should be home to accept packages. The shipper will release the packages if the recipient is not home, please choose your ship date carefully. Zabar's will not be responsible for items delivered but not opened, packages released or packages that spoiled, stolen or destroyed by pets or animals. Please make sure someone will be there to accept the packages.
• Perishable items which are packed with ice packs are guaranteed to be fresh and should be inspected immediately upon arrival. All claims must be made within 24 hours of receipt. Do not discard any of the packaging if there is a problem. Call our office immediately at (800) 697-6301 or (212) 496-1234.
• Credit will not be granted if items are discarded or partially consumed.
• We can only deliver to a street address. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes, A.P.O's or F.P.O's.
• We do not ship to Canada or Internationally. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico must be shipped by air and require additional shipping charges. Areas that do not offer Next Day or Second Day service may not receive shipments of perishable items. Please call to confirm delivery service for these areas (212) 496-1234.
• Zabar's is not responsible for packages which are lost or spoiled due to incomplete or incorrect addresses. Please carefully check and confirm addresses before submitting your order. Be sure to include your apartment number, floor number, etc. UPS or other shipping companies are not responsible for address corrections or verification of address.
• Messenger delivery in Manhattan is available Monday - Friday for $25.00, and Saturday and Sunday for $35.00. For Saturday or Sunday deliveries you must call our order department at (212) 496-1234. Recipient or responsible person (e.g. neighbor, doorman, etc.) must be available to receive the order. If delivery is unsuccessful, Delivery, Return and Re-Delivery Charges will apply. Please place your orders at least 24 hours in advance.
• Overnight packages are shipped Monday-Friday. An additional $15.00 will be applied to all orders shipped NextDay on Friday for Saturday Delivery only. Saturday delivery is not available in all areas.
• 2nd Day packages are shipped Monday-Wednesday.